The Wonderland Series is an award winning body of work created in memory of Kirsty Mitchell’s mother who passed away from cancer in 2008. This deeply personal project has taken the artist over five years to create, with a further two years dedicated to independently bringing the book to fruition. This huge volume contains over six hundred and forty photographs, featuring all seventy-four pieces in the Wonderland collection, as well as extensive behind the scenes imagery from the shoots and costume galleries of the pieces made by Kirsty. Alongside the photographs the book contains the deeply personal journal kept by Kirsty throughout the duration of the project, which explains the development and meaning of the works, as well as the emotions she experienced behind the lens.
Wonderland has been featured throughout the world’s press achieving a viral status online and has been published by prestigious names such as Harper’s Bazaar, Vogue Italia, The Guardian, The Telegraph, BBC news, The British Journal of Photography and the Royal Photographic Society to name but a few. In September 2015 the First Edition of Wonderland became the most successful photography book in the history of the crowdfunding website Kickstarter, closing at a record breaking £334k and was sold out completely within a few months. Due to overwhelming demand from the public, a revised Second Edition of the book has since been released with an elaborate new cover designed by Kirsty herself.
In October 2016 the Limited Edition of the Wonderland book was awarded an honourable mention in the Professional Fine Art Book category at the annual International Photography Awards. The competition is judged by some of the most important gallerists and art critics in contemporary photography today.
STANDARD THIRD EDITION BOOK (£99 – SIGNED PRE-ORDER)
- Available for PRE-ORDER only. Shipping from early December
- Signed by the artist (limited to the first 500 copies)
- 36 x 27 cm (paper size) Portrait format. 6 cm deep, weighs 5kg (very big)
- New cover designed exclusively by Kirsty Mitchell.
- 480 pages, including 8 large gatefold spreads (fold out sections, equal to 3 single pages).
- Photographs are printed on high quality, thick 180gsm matt paper.
- Hardback, embossed cover + foil stamping.
- Round sewn spine with foil stamping + ribbon marker.
LIMITED EDITION BOX SET (£750)
- Limited edition run of only 250
- Book – 1st Edition Book.Same spec as standard 1st Edition book, with different coloured cover for this Limited Edition. Each book will be signed and numbered by Kirsty, and accompanied with a certificate of authenticity.
- Clamshell Box – The book will come presented in a beautiful fabric covered clamshell box, sized to scale of book 37cm (close fitting).
- Portfolio Slip Case + 2 x Limited Edition prints – Matching fabric covered portfolio slip case (fitted to size of box). Contains 2 x signed Limited Edition prints (see choice below). Print paper size 36cm. (Image size approx 30cm depending on image)
- Prints can be chosen from selection below (only 2 can be selected)
To view both the Limited Edition and Collector’s Edition box sets being opened, please watch the below video.
COLLECTOR’S EDITION BOX SET (from £8,000)
- Limited edition run of only 25 (NOW ONLY 2 REMAINING FOR SALE)
- Book – 1st Edition Book. Same spec as standard 1st Edition book, with different coloured cover for this Collector’s edition. Each book will be signed and numbered by Kirsty, and accompanied with a certificate of authenticity.
- Oversized Clamshell Box – The book will come presented in a beautiful hand crafted fabric covered clamshell box. The box is deep set, and measures 57cm x 47cm x 13cm, weighing 10 kgs The book and bronze key presentation tray will stack above each other and are sunk into a deep surround.
- Solid Bronze Key – The hi-light of this set, is the exquisite solid bronze sculpture of The White Queen’s key. This piece is a work of art in it’s own right and will never be recreated after all 25 editions have been cast. Each key takes 8 weeks to make, going through many hand finishing processes. It is forged by London Bronze Casting and is specially patinated by the bronze artist Derek Bayley. Each key is numbered on the bottom edge and the mould will be destroyed forever once the final key has been sold.
- Portfolio Slip Case + 3 Limited Edition Prints – Matching fabric covered portfolio slip case (fitted to size of box). Contains 3 signed Limited Edition prints of The White Queen Trilogy (‘The Queen’s Armada’, ‘The White Queen’, ‘The Faraway Tree’). Prints are fitted to size of box – Paper size 51cm (equivalent to a 20 x 16 inch print).
- IMPORTANT – the pricing for this edition is tiered. Please enquire for price and availability.